A night to unite

A high school dance- one of the most basic experiences. When you grow up you will remember certain things, and the hot gym packed with friends dancing around will be one of them. This is an experience that everyone should be able to have. Ms. Kinder and the Wildcat Unified Club have worked to make this possible for Wilsonville High School students. After the football game on Friday, October 27th there will be a dance to unify the school. The goal of it is to raise awareness and create a culture that does not exclude anyone. It’s free, so just bring your student I.D. It will take place in the auxiliary gym. This event is all-inclusive, everyone no matter their background is welcome. It is sensory-sensitive- music won’t be too loud and light will not be flashing. A student from our school will be the DJ, playing a mix of modern and old classic songs. It is harvest themed and the decorations will be provided by the green tech class. Expect to see bales of hay, scarecrows and other fun decor. There is no designated dress code, you can wear whatever you’d like. Can’t dance? Come anyway and be silly with your friends. This is a no judgement zone, we want you to feel safe and comfortable in your own skin. Need a break from the dance floor? Go grab a snack from the many options and quench your thirst with a delicious provided refreshment. We hope to see all of you there!