The final stretch

Connor+Larsen+walking+down+the+hallway.+He+is+trying+to+get+done+with+the+school+day.+

Lorianne Servignat

Connor Larsen walking down the hallway. He is trying to get done with the school day.

The end of the year is approaching very quickly and students are feeling it. The lack of motivation is hitting students and the lack of motivation has started to take over the home life. 

The last day of school is June 22, and the work pressure on students is building up. Junior Kailey Campbell says, “As it goes on you get more burnt out.” students across the board feel sluggish and hate coming to school.

School spirit is a huge motivator for students and something that many feels are lacking during these last couple of weeks. Sports are coming to an end as well and the only thing keeping students going is impending grades. 

Finals are just around the corner and students are hoping their teachers don’t get too cutthroat. Preston Jeffords says, “I want to be able to relax and enjoy my last month.” He then is asked how he feels about finals and says, “I’m gonna rock it.”

This school year has been stressful and taxing with everything that happened with covid. The ability to adapt and make room for so much change is a full-time job in itself. 

Students are trying their best to push themselves through these last few weeks, and keep their minds on summer vacation.