Little Women is coming to a stage near you

Wilsonvile+High+Schools+production+last+year+of+Once+Upon+A+Mattress+was+a+success%2C+for+both+the+cast+and+viewers.+The+theater+program+plans+to++continue+their+success+with+their+plays+and+musicals+this+year%21+

GM Artman

Wilsonvile High School’s production last year of Once Upon A Mattress was a success, for both the cast and viewers. The theater program plans to continue their success with their plays and musicals this year!

Wilsonville High School is preparing to present another astonishing musical this fall: Little Women. Auditions are September 6th and 7th, and callbacks will be held on the 8th. For those new to the audition experience, the audition materials and audition sign ups are posted in the drama club google classroom.  

Another amazing opportunity the drama department is presenting is an audition workshop on September 1st. This workshop will ensure that applicants feel confident and prepared for their audition. This year’s quest teacher is Jenifer Davies. Most recently Davies was seen in Third Rail Repertory Theater’s production of The Music Man, and was the Musical Director for Metropolitan Performing Arts production of Heathers. In addition, she has students who are now performing across the nation. 

Davies says, “the best thing you can do in an audition is to be yourself.” During her workshop she hopes to provide students with tips and tools on how to master your inner confidence and shine in your audition. 

One of the great things about theater is that all students are welcome. Drama club president Xander Povey says, “this year the entire board will be really focused on maintaining and improving the safe, inclusive space drama has been for so many people for so long!” A production of Little Women will be no easy task; however, the friends and memories created by the experience are like no other. Go and audition!