Where do students go out during lunch?

Daniel Lee

A student view of Wendy’s at lunch time. Many WVHS students, especially upperclassmen who drive themselves to school, enjoy leaving campus to go eat lunch.

With lunch time a bit longer than last year, students now have extra time to drive out to lunch and get back before their next class. But where do students usually go during lunch? 

Students choose to eat lunch typically anywhere in Wilsonville, from the nearby drive to Wendy’s all the way to Costco near the edge of Wilsonville. 

Alec Foltz, a junior at WVHS, says that he likes to spend his lunch driving to Wendy’s “to satisfy the needs of my friends and my hunger.” He shows that he not only goes for himself, but also because he is kind to others.

Jack Ricketts, another junior at WVHS, has multiple places he likes to spend lunch at. He enjoys going to eat at a restaurant with friends but doesn’t do it everyday. He expresses  “Sometimes I like to go out with friends and eat at places like Bullwinkles, where I can eat for free. Or a small store next to Safeway called the Corner Shop, which makes really good food.”

Overall, asking different students where they eat lunch will provide you with many different answers. Some have routines in their day and prefer to eat lunch at the same place with the same people. Others go to a variety of places with a multitude of different people. However, no matter what type of person you are, everybody can appreciate the extra time given to us by the school.