Club fair returns to WVHS

Malia Case

Chess club giving out root beer floats to the interested students. You could only get a float if you followed their Instagram account.

The Club fair returned to Wilsonville High School this past Friday. Students could walk around the school and see clubs going on this school year. This is a fantastic way for students to get involved in the community, make new friends, and much more. 

This event was organized by Elijah Sievers, a senior here at WVHS. This year was a little different than years prior. Sievers explained, “I think one difference I noticed when planning the club fair was that there were fewer clubs signing up to participate in the event. We also included the class student councils, which we didn’t last year.”

One club that had an amazing turnout this year was the Chess Club. Senior Malia Case, one of the main people running the chess club, stated, “We had around 40 people sign-up for the club during club fair.” They had their first meeting on the Monday following club fair. The meeting was filled with fresh new faces and a few returning members. The Chess Club is hoping to have a bigger turnout at further meeting. 

This years club fair was a great success. If you still want to join a club, feel free to look at the club directory on the school website or ask around to sign up. You can join a club at any point in the year!