Sophomore Halloween costume plans

Students begin to plan out their Halloween attire!

Lauren Thomas, sophomore, sports her superman attire for Halloween. She cant wait to save the world on the 31st!

Lauren Thomas

Lauren Thomas, sophomore, sports her superman attire for Halloween. She can’t wait to save the world on the 31st!

The spookiest day of the year, Halloween, is just around the corner, and students are busy at work assembling their yearly costumes!

Sophomores Audrey Buck and Brooklyn Bybee are planning to dress up as the beloved characters Velma and Daphne, featured in Scooby Doo.

Buck’s initial process to purchase all of the items for her costume took roughly two days. She learned that planning ahead would be greatly beneficial on her part because, “last year, [she] waited until the day before Halloween, and it did not go well.”

Gabby Maoz, also a sophomore at WVHS, is excited to showcase her costume as Supergirl with her friend, Lauren Thomas, who will dress up as Superman. 

Maoz explored different sites and vendors to complete her fashionable look. According to Maoz, she purchased items from “Brandy Melville…Amazon… and Princess Polly.”

Sophomore Christian Epping is taking a more humorous approach with his Halloween attire.

Epping plans to be “a depressed Mariners fan” to blatantly state his frustration with the team’s performance so far this season. He added on to express his confusion with the lack of points scored during the painfully long 18 inning game last week.

Through Halloween costumes, students have the capability of expressing their interests and hobbies, whether it’s a favorite tv show, inside joke, or role model, all are welcome.