Sophomores dive into college preparations

WVHS counseling department

Sophomores begin thinking about college at this event hosted by the counseling department

For Sophomores, senior year may seem like a long time away. However, these two years until graduation can sneak up quickly. Our counselors at Wilsonville High School are here to help every student prepare for college, and there are some events that happened this past week that specifically helped sophomores out.

On Tuesday, January 9th, and Thursday, January 11th, counselors are meeting with English 10 classes in the Cafe to talk about college and delve further into planning. They are working with students on “good fit” activities, and learning how to use Naviance Family Connection for college and career research. This guidance is meant to help students understand their college resources better.

On Thursday, January 11, there will be a Sophomore College Night in the Pointe.  There will be two sessions; 5:45 pm in Spanish and 7:00 pm in English. Sophomore families will learn more about course planning, college admission and Naviance Family Connection. All sophomores and their families are encouraged to come to the event, since it is such a great opportunity to learn more about applying for college and using the Naviance program.

Through these events, counselors hope that sophomores feel more ready to take on their final two years of high school. Sophomores will get new resources, extra support from counselors, and an introduction to college planning.