Wilsonville theater goes to regionals

Photo by Jason Katz

Wilsonville theatre students prepare for the thespians NE regional competition.

This coming Saturday, February 4th, our Wilsonville Theater Department will be participating in their annual regional competition. This year, the event will be held at Canby High School. The competition will be all day, and our performers will be showing over 40 pieces. Solos, duos, trios, and group pieces will all be showcased at this year’s competition.

This will be the first year the high school will ever have a tech entry- Eliana Kaufman will be submitting a stage manager book.

The Theater Department has been preparing over the past couple weeks to be competition ready, This Tuesday, Mikaela Ochocki, the publicist for the department, was able to snap a picture of the work being put in.

To even better prepare themselves for competition this weekend, the group will be having an event with a live crowd. Over 30 acts will be performing in the 2018 WHS Thespian Showcase on both Thursday and Friday nights, at 7pm in the Auditorium. There is a $5 admission to attend.

I also corresponded with the Theater’s publicist, Mikaela Ochocki, and she seemed very excited about A Night On Broadway, as well as regionals.

“I feel like regionals bonds a cast more than a regular show, because we all hype each other up to compete. You know you have 45+ people behind you that just want you to do amazing, even if you’re competing in the same category, because when someone from Troupe 5452 wins, we all win! We’re excited to showcase our scenes and continue to work hard up until Saturday, and hope anyone that can comes to a Night on Broadway show!”

Night on Broadway will be Thursday and Friday in the Auditorium at 7pm, and Regionals will be all day Saturday at Canby High School.