Meet Maximus Warner: the rising star of this winter play

+Maximus+Warner+ready+for+his+next+audition+in+the+spring+play%3A+Clue.++Max+was+cast+as+Colonel+Mustard

Isabel Marquez Flores

Maximus Warner ready for his next audition in the spring play: Clue. Max was cast as Colonel Mustard

Wilsonville High School’s winter play, “Puffs,” was a roaring success thanks in part to the debut of up-and-coming student actor Maximus Warner. Warner, a junior, was a standout performer in the hilarious parody on Harry Potter, but this was not his first time on stage. In fact, he had already participated in other school plays before, demonstrating his innate talent for acting.

Jason Katz, a teacher of Acting 1, Acting 2, Tech Theater, Yearbook, and film, had nothing but high praise for Warner’s performance. “I’m very satisfied with the final production of Puffs,” he said. “Our new actors Ian Ball and Maximus felt perfect for the show. Regarding Maximus, his character was spot on since the very beginning. He was very consistent and very focused. He truly has some innate talent for acting.”

Katz gave us an important message for all other aspiring actors saying, “I also want to take this opportunity to remind any interested students to always audition for the play, regardless of inexperience,” he said. “You never gain if you don’t step out of your comfort zone. For those who don’t feel drawn to acting, we are always in need of techs and an audience! Remember the audience is part of the theater too, without you we are nothing.”

Warner himself was thrilled with the experience and is already looking forward to his next role. “Being on the show was an amazing experience,” he said. “It inspired me to continue pursuing this hobby. I plan on auditioning for Clue, the spring play. I would encourage any other students wanting to participate in the school theater program to just go for it! You never know what you will gain.”

Warner’s success in “Puffs” did not come out of nowhere. He has been involved in theater for a while, and he attributes his success to his hard work and dedication. “It takes a lot of effort and practice to become a good actor,” he said. “You have to be willing to put in the time and energy to really understand your character and their motivations.”

But the rewards are worth it, according to Warner. “When you’re on stage, you feel a rush of excitement and adrenaline,” he said. “It’s an incredible feeling to be able to entertain people and make them laugh or cry or feel something. That’s why I love acting, and I hope to continue doing it for a long time.”

For Katz, Warner’s success is a testament to the importance of the school’s theater program. “Theater is such a valuable experience for students,” he said. “It teaches them so many important skills, like teamwork, communication, and creative problem-solving. Plus, it’s just plain fun! I’m so proud of all the students who participated in Puffs, and I can’t wait to see what they do next.”

Maximus Warner’s appearance in Wilsonville High School’s winter play “Puffs” has us looking forward in anticipation to what he will do next and it is a testament to the school’s thriving theater program. Remember the auditorium doors are always open for you, who knows you might be the next one to get the leading role!