Wilsonville theater program takes on state!

Members of the theater program gather for a picture. The amount of students who attended exceeded expectations!

Wilsonville High School’s theater program recently attended the dramatic arts state intensive, and the annual event was a commemoration of theater talent, and recognition of students from many different schools who have a shared interest in the dramatic arts.

Scott Worth, a senior as well as a state attendee, relished the social component of state, expressing that sharing “similar hobbies and interests” better conjoins people of similar backgrounds and regions.

Worth added that it was his first time attending state, and he was able to “see a bunch of really wonderful performances on stage,” as well as receiving a variety of educational pieces of advice from several classes offered.

Katherine Beaver, a junior, acquired a newfound respect and admiration towards high school participants “who had the courage to perform,” and she hopes to pursue similar activities when she returns next year.

After watching the performances of students equipping their theater abilities, the manifestation of Beavers’ hope to perform similarly began, and the event allowed her to seek out opportunities that supported her talent.

Kate Thomas, a sophomore, valued the quality time she was able to spend with her peers, and the advantage of staying the night, as well as “hanging out in the town,” and indulging in other activities aside from the actual event.

Like Scott Worth, Thomas was also able to interact with students from other schools, and she valued the connections she was able to make from what some would call “opposing” schools. She felt that the qualities of unity expressed were a solidification of welcoming arms and comfort towards timid students.

State was not only a formality of the program, but also an amazing opportunity for aspiring theater students to interact with a variety of different people. The exposure to the arts was a very memorable experience for the students who attended.

It was really inspiring to see people perform.

— Katherine Beaver