Wildacts plan for summer

Daniel Lee

The Oregon coast is one of many places Oregonians like to go. It’s traditionally connected with camping, fishing, or boating.

As the school year winds down, Wilsonville High School students are looking forward to the summer break and the various activities and plans they have in store. 

One popular destination for WVHS students is the Oregon coast, just a short drive away. The beach offers a chance to soak up the sun, swim in the ocean, and enjoy nature. Oregon hosts an array of diverse, scenic locations, students are gearing up to explore the great outdoors! 

“I’m looking forward to summer a lot this year,” claimed senior Cameron Azizi. “I think my last few months in Wilsonville will be some of the best.” Although the prospect of moving away to college is terrifying for some, to Azizi he takes his life one day at a time and is excited for his last high school summer. 

For those who prefer staying closer to home, Wilsonville has plenty of options as well. The recently renovated Memorial Park offers a playground, tennis, and basketball court, and picnic areas for families and groups to enjoy. The city also has a vibrant farmer’s market throughout the summer. Students can purchase fresh produce and other varied goods inside Villebois.

“I’m enjoying school right now,” said sophomore Ted Lee. “I’m of course looking forward to summer as well, but I’m not yearning for it like some others.” 

Some WVHS students are also planning to use their summer break to pursue academic and career interests. Summer internships, college courses, and volunteer opportunities are all activities for students who want to gain experience and build their resumes. Especially for seniors ready to start the next chapter of their lives, and soak in the last moments of their childhood. 

Overall, Wilsonville High School students have diverse summer plans to look forward to, whether they’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or personal growth.