The wait is over!

See you soon at Randall Stadium!
Wilsonville lines up to sing the fight song after their jamboree. Wilsonville will play Thurston at home on Friday, September 1st. Photo provided by Greg Artman.

The 2023-2024 school year is about to begin and every student is anticipating the return of fall sports. As jamborees wrap up, the wait for games to return to Wilsonville and Randall Stadium shortens.

Cross Country began their season with the well-known Night Meet. Hundreds of runners from all divisions and different schools meet at Wilsonville High School for a chance to navigate a tough route and compete at their best. Wilsonville’s very own Liam Wilde walked away with a first-place medal! Wilsonville Cross Country will compete next at Champoeg State Park for the NWOC preview on September 6th.

Fresh off of a State Championship, Girls Soccer stayed hot at their jamboree in Thurston walking away with two wins. “The jamboree went well! Last year we left the jamboree with three 0-0 ties which led to a rough preseason. This year coming out of the jamboree with two wins, it’s a hopeful feeling looking at the season ahead.” Said senior Campbell Lawler. “Our main goal is to outwork every other team and know that the results will follow!” Added senior Caroline Delamotte.

Boys soccer is set to face Caldera on August 29th. With a tough preseason schedule against a lot of competitive 5A and 6A schools, the Wildcats will look to capture a league championship.

Volleyball, carrying five seniors, looks to hold the title of League Champions for the 6th year in a row. Wilsonville played great in the jamboree walking away 4-0. “Although we went undefeated, we know that we have work to do and much improvement to make. Our goals are to hold onto the League Champion title.” Said senior Cammy Gore. “The jamboree went very well. It is a great way for us to know what we do well together and what to work on as a team.” Added senior Olivia Lyons. Senior Mary Matthews agreed, adding, “We want to make the most of our season and always come to practices and games with a good attitude and have fun because the season goes by in a heartbeat.”

Football, one of the most anticipated fall sports, truly unifies Wilsonville High School. Friday Night Lights brings students who embody the Wildcat spirit. Wilsonville competed in their jamboree alongside Glencoe, Oregon City, and Mountainside. Wilsonville competed very well against these 6A squads. “The jamboree went pretty well. I was pleased myself, however, there is always stuff to work on.” Said senior quarterback Kallen Gutridge. “We just want to get better each week” added Gutridge. Wilsonville is looking to add their eighth consecutive conference title. The Wildcats are set to play Thurston at Randall Stadium on Friday, September 1st.