How’s life going? The class that is

Wilsonvilles+new+class+now+has+its+very+own+logo.+The+Life+Class+logo+consists+of+a+tree+creating+both+the+I+of+Life+and+L+of+class.+Image+provided+by+Wilsonville+Admin.+
Wilsonville’s new class now has it’s very own logo. The Life Class logo consists of a tree creating both the I of Life and L of class. Image provided by Wilsonville Admin.

Life at school is no longer just the word to describe a person’s existence, instead, it’s now a class where what you are meant to learn is somewhat unclear. So far the overwhelming majority of people have been brought into this class with uncertainty on what the true objective of this class will be. 

Many students are also attending the class with open-mindedness, hopeful that the class will be as helpful as it advertises itself. 

Lauryn Hinnant thinks “[the classes] are a great time for me to do my homework,” which a fair amount of people agree with. Liv Ludwig enjoys having the extra time, but finds they “don’t care about the class material much.”

Students also feel as if they haven’t been learning in the class. Hinnant admitted that they “don’t feel like I’m learning much or anything at all.” Mia Garcia also added, “I mean we don’t do much.” 

King Cannaday believes the class is just strange, “It’s really weird, it’s like they’re trying to teach us stuff about life, but they’re not and were just doing side presentations about ourselves, it’s odd.”

Yet, recognition of why the class could be positive is shown by the student body as well.  Jazzy Bilon Ngyuyen likes many aspects of the class, her teacher, her friends, and the aspect of getting to know new people. Maddie McNeal considers it boring but enjoys “making presentations about myself because I’m hilarious.”

Sophia Culp has been putting herself in another perspective’s shoes, “I’ve heard concerns voiced from certain teachers that they don’t know. That no one actually knows what’s going on.”

However, Mr. Willse is trying to see the glass half-full, “They are a positive thing because they will help build community, and we’re trying to figure out how to do that.”  Life classes are a pending subject, and their impact is yet to be decided. Even with that, Mr. Willse believes that “it’s new and it’s bumpy at the moment, but it will get better.”