Wilsonville volleyball authoritatively defeat Parkrose in 3 sets

Wilsonville defeats Parkrose in dominating fashion in 3 sets as the Wildcats took down the Broncos on Monday.
GM Artman
Olivia Lyons gets ready to serve in a win earlier in the season vs. Milwaukie. Lyons is a big part of the Wilsonville team that looks to make a deep playoff run in 2023. Photo provided by Greg Artman.

After a tough semifinal loss to Bend in 2022 Wilsonville volleyball is on a mission in 2023. So far Wilsonville has had a strong start to the year with a (6-2) overall record and a (5-0) league record including the win over Parkrose on Monday.

Wilsonville won the first set by a score of 25-15 and Parkrose had lots of energy in the first set before Wilsonville forcefully took sets two and three by scores of 25-9, and 25-8 respectively.

On the flip side, the Parkrose Broncos are still looking to win their first set of the year much less their first game. Parkrose has had a tough start to the year currently (0-9) overall and (0-6) in league play.

After the game, Senior outside hitter Ashlyn Hartford commented on the win over the Broncos, “It felt good to execute and play our game, it was a really fun game to play and will get us ready for more league games over the next couple weeks.”

With Wilsonville taking on the Hillsboro Spartans on Thursday Wilsonville will have to make a quick turnaround and take on the (2-6) overall and (1-4) league play Spartans.

Wilsonville continues to stay focused as Olivia Lyons had this to say about Hillsboro “We are very focused and prepared for Hillsboro, we just want to go out there and play our game every night.”

The Wildcats will look to continue their undefeated league record against Hillsboro on Thursday at home. After that Wilsonville will continue their league schedule next week as they play La Salle and Centennial on Tuesday and Thursday respectively.

Wilsonville continues to make their way step by step through the regular season and with their OSAA ranking sitting at #9 in the state the Wildcats will look to keep raising that number for the rest of league play as they get closer to the playoffs.