Bulletin board of books: A new display of creativity

Posted+near+the+library+desk%2C+a+bulletin+board+represents+the+books+that+teachers+from+Wilsonville+High+School+have+read+and+enjoyed.+Updated+with+fun+facts+about+our+school+staff%2C+Ms.+Giese+keeps+this+informative+bulletin+engaging+and+entertaining.+
Avery Eckley
Posted near the library desk, a bulletin board represents the books that teachers from Wilsonville High School have read and enjoyed. Updated with fun facts about our school staff, Ms. Giese keeps this informative bulletin engaging and entertaining.

Passed through hundreds of times a day, Wilsonville High School halls are constantly bustling with people. Students travel these grounds for hours, and the hallway can greatly impact their days. 

Fortunately, the community within Wilsonville halls is welcoming and cheerful, decorated by arts and achievements from the student body. 

One of the appreciated walls of the hallway includes the “teacher feature” bulletin board. 

Ms. Giese, one of Wilsonville’s librarians, works with her faculty to update and create new content for this board. They refresh bulletin posts to engage students and encourage positive interaction between them and their teachers. 

In the past months, teachers have been represented by their high school pictures as a fun perspective to engage students in the halls.

Entertaining both administrators and students, this bulletin has claimed its spot in the hallway alongside leadership posters, demonstrations of student work, club advertisements, and daily announcements. 

Located outside the library wall, it currently displays teachers’ favorite books. Familiar teachers such as Mr. Deeder, Mrs. Lockwood, Mr. Ramm, Mrs. Factor, and a few more are represented in this projection.

“It’s amazing that teachers have been willing to participate with students in this format and share their interests with the school,” Ms. Giese exclaims.   

She continues to describe how she hopes this place in the hallway can be appreciated by the school community and can provide talking points within hallway and classroom environments. 

“There are a lot of new teachers, and we’re trying to give people a connection point for conversation,” Ms. Giese describes. 

The High School’s librarians share passionately about their efforts to keep up this ongoing bulletin board for the entire school to enjoy. They acknowledge current topics and provide a space for learning, support, and community. 

Ms. Giese sums it up by explaining her outlook on the library, “The library is always open. It is a space made for more than just reading. We love having people here.”

Thanks to the librarians and the participation of teachers, Wilsonville students have the ability to walk down halls of creativity and spirit.