Art Club starts its meetings for the 2023-2024 school year

Art club last year posing for a group picture. Photo provided by George Luo

Wilsonville High School has many amazing clubs, including its own art club. You may or may not know there is an art club at WHS, but what exactly is the art club? President George Luo explains that the art club is “building artistic skills” and “working on beautification school projects.”

George has been the art club president for two years and has tried to give the club members “complete freedom of expression.” The art club at Wilsonville is for students of all levels looking to immerse themselves more in the incredible art world. It is for all the students who feel like they need the “more joyful and pleasurable elements of making art together,” Ms. Factor, the teacher in charge, says. 

Ms. Factor is a part of the incredible staff of art teachers, and this is her first year in charge of this club, as it was handed off to her by Ms. Escobar. She is also hoping to be able to do projects around the school.

The art club is intended to give students another opportunity to create beautiful pieces of art and not have the pressure of a time frame or specific assignment guidelines. Students can make whatever they want and do it at their own pace.  

The art club is for everyone and has goals of “school beautification” and “collaborative work,” says George and Ms. Factor. They hope to do a lot of fun work around the school and possibly add outdoor murals that people can see every time they enter the school.

The art club welcomes everyone, and their first meeting is Friday, September 29th, right after school. They meet in room 82, and their regular schedule is every other Wednesday, right after school. Join the Google Classroom to see their first meeting and when the Wednesday meetings start (Google Classroom code: yzindmk).