Girls soccer stomps on Milwaukie

Wilsonville continues on a roll after winning 6-0 versus the Mustangs.
Wilsonville stands for pledge of allegiance before their game. The Wildcats went on to win this match. Photo provided by Micheal Williams.

For Wilsonville Girl’s Soccer, their record turns to 8-2 after the victory at home against Milwaukie on Monday. Wilsonville is on a 5-game win streak now and has a 4-0 record in league play. Milwaukie now sits at 1-6-3 with only one win coming very early in the season.

After interviewing both freshman Camryn Schaan and senior Ashlyn Ring, they gave off the same sense that they played very well in the 2nd half compared to the 1st half.

Ring explains that after a tense first half, “The coaches came over and hyped us up and said we can do better than this.” They scored four goals in the 2nd half compared to two goals in the 1st. “We have to think back to our past games like La Salle, Putnam, and Caldera and how we played to our best,” said senior Ring, who scored one goal in last night’s game.

When interviewing sophomore Schaan, she said, “We need to practice harder and not prepare in the sense that we are playing a worse opponent, but preparing to play hard and to our best.” During both those interviews, it was made very clear that how they played in the 1st half was not their best, but the way that the coaches stepped in to turn things around in the second half was essential.

It is also worth mentioning that the victory last night was Coach Alex Boehm’s 50th win as a Wildcat. These victories include triumphs over 6A schools, schools within the NWOC league, and two state championships in the last two years.

For Milwaukie, they continue to struggle in the win column with only one and not getting a single win in the month of September. Now that league play is in full swing, they need to find a way to squeeze out some wins.

On the other hand, Wilsonville continues to flourish in league play. They have not lost a single game since regular-season games began. The Wildcats have only two losses coming to high-powered 6A teams. Wilsonville looks to keep the 5-game win streak rolling and roll into playoffs undefeated in league play.