Unified Soccer kicks off the season

Joren Lundberg
Wilsonville kicks the ball down the field. Wilsonville played West Linn for the first game of the season!

With the return of fall sports, Unified Soccer returns to Wilsonville High School! Unified offers a wide range of sports during the different seasons, which include soccer, basketball, and kickball!

Wilsonville’s unified soccer team started their season off with a home game against West Linn. The Wildcats unfortunately lost, but it was a very close, fun, and energetic game! “We had our first game last Thursday, and it was super fun. Although we lost, it’s always good to go out and see kids smiling and just playing a sport while having fun with friends,” said junior Keller Kirschmann, who is currently in his second year helping out with unified sports. 

Unified Sports is a fantastic activity to watch. There are always smiles and laughter filling the court or field during their games. There is nothing more exciting than watching somebody do what they love. “Over the past few years with Unified, it has been so much fun. I joined because I wanted kids to go out and feel like they are on the top of the world,” said Kirschmann. “Seeing them smile, laugh, and have fun is truly one of the best things you could enjoy,” added Kirschmann. 

These athletes show true resilience, all while maintaining great sportsmanship and teamwork. You can catch these athletes on the field hustling up and down while making great passes, goals, and saves!

The Wildcats will play next at 4:00 p.m. on October 17th vs. Westview on the softball field!