Fall Fever: Pumpkin patch adventures

Students express joy for the 9 month long wait for the crispy leaves and fresh air, indulging in their favorite fall activity: pumpkin picking.
Jack Barrett
Grace Tuecke, a Senior at Wilsonville, pets a cow at Frog Pond Farms. “This will not be our last trip to the farm this fall!”

As we transition from the sunny days of summer to the cozy, colorful season of fall, there’s one thing on the minds of many high school students in our community: pumpkin patches. These autumn havens are more than just a place to pick out the perfect pumpkin for carving or decorating; they are a quintessential experience that truly embodies the essence of fall.

Jack Barrett, a Senior at our school, recently visited the Frog Pond Pumpkin Patch just two weeks ago and has plans to explore Yesteryear in the near future. According to him, visiting a pumpkin patch in October is practically a necessity because it “chucks you into fall” headfirst.

Barrett believes that the vibrant colors, crisp air, and the sight of endless rows of pumpkins immediately plunge you into the autumn spirit. He also finds himself transported back to his childhood when he steps onto the grounds of a pumpkin patch, describing the experience as one that makes him “feel like a kid again.”

“I can’t put into words how exciting it is to be surrounded by pumpkins, with the scent of autumn in the air,” Barrett said with enthusiasm. His favorite spot? Lee Farms, where the enormous bouncy house and the delicious donuts have become staples of his fall traditions.

Kiera Easterly, a senior at our school, shares Jack’s love for the pumpkin patch adventure. She hasn’t had the chance to visit one this year, but she’s eagerly anticipating her upcoming trip. Kiera has a long-standing tradition of visiting pumpkin patches each fall, often changing her destination to explore different experiences.

Pumpkin patches, with their vibrant orange hues and the joyful laughter of visitors, offer a unique opportunity for students like Barrett and Easterly to savor the essence of fall. Whether it’s the thrill of finding the perfect pumpkin or the allure of seasonal treats like donuts, these patches have a special way of capturing the hearts of those who visit.

This October, take a page from these Wilsonville students’ books and plan a visit to one of our local pumpkin patches. Dive headfirst into the autumn spirit, make some new memories, and enjoy all the traditions that make this season so delightful. As the leaves fall and the air turns crisp, remember that a trip to a pumpkin patch is the perfect way to welcome the changing season with open arms.