Decision day

Seniors+gather+in+pointe+for+decision+day+photo.+They+are+ready+for+their+next+adventure.+

Jason Katz

Seniors gather in pointe for decision day photo. They are ready for their next adventure.

May first is not only May Day, but the deadline to let colleges know whether you will or will not be attending in the fall. Seniors were encouraged to wear a shirt or item with their college or university on it to let their peers know where they will be attending in the fall. The senior class is very diverse with students traveling to Hawaii, Arizona, Illinois, Virginia, North Carolina, and Alabama to attend college.

For many the choice was easy. It was the school they had been destined to go to since freshman year, or even elementary school. For others, it was a very difficult decision and this was the day they could let everyone know their final choice.

College bound seniors were encouraged to meet at the pointe mid way through lunch for a group photo in the pointe. This photo was arranged by Ms. Tucker and Mr. Katz to be used throughout the school for products like the yearbook and the school newspaper.  

Senior Callan Kehoe is going to continue his education at the University of Portland, “ I liked that ‘UP’ was right outside an urban city as well as having really good study abroad and internship programs. I also really liked that they had a great soccer atmosphere, you can’t find that at a lot of schools.”

Whether students are traveling to Eugene, Corvallis, Tuscon, or Tuscaloosa the choice has now been made. This day in May will continue to drive students to continue their hard work in their classes and begin to bring the closure to their final year of high school.