Fall outfits at Wilsonville

Seniors%2C+Siona+Ruud+and+Connor+Nelson%2C+pose+during+passing+period+to+show+off+their+outfits.+They+later+headed+to+life+class.+
Mia Poppe
Seniors, Siona Ruud and Connor Nelson, pose during passing period to show off their outfits. They later headed to life class.

As the leaves start to fall, the weather starts to cool, and pumpkin spice returns, the outfit transitions at Wilsonville High School are in full swing. In August and early September, students were wearing skirts, lightweight dresses, and shorts. However, we now see an abundance of sweaters, jeans, and thermal hats in an effort to stay warm.

In addition to this, the colors people are beginning to wear are gradually changing as well. Warm colors such as deep red, orange, brown, and earthy greens have become a staple for many outfits this year.

Connor Nelson, a senior at Wilsonville, states, “[I wear] a bunch of baggy sweaters. I also go for more browns and greens”. Nelson continues by mentioning what his outfit inspiration is for fall, “I just started to see things on Pinterest, and I got really inspired by the Pacific Northwest style.”

Although the outfits at school have been impressive, there is one fall holiday that fully allows students, and everyone for that matter, to show off their fall outfits: Thanksgiving. Whether this be at a family dinner or “Friendsgiving,” most students are highly anticipating their outfits for the holiday.

Lola Kleiner, a senior at Wilsonville High School, explains that during Thanksgiving dinner, “The cousins close to my age have a more preppy style, but there’s one that has a style similar to me, so I like to see what she wears and see what I wear to see if we can have a little coordination.”

Although many people are excited to wear such outfits for fall, many may wonder where one could acquire fall clothes on a budget. Kleiner details, “I love thrifting, you can find timeless pieces, and at the thrift, you can find things that have been recycled through generations.”

In addition to affordability, thrift stores promote unique, timeless finds. This is because most thrift stores usually carry vintage items that are not available in mass-produced retail stores.

In summary, there has been a considerable number of fall outfits at Wilsonville this year. Many students have been spotted wearing articles of clothing with deep colors such as orange, red, brown, and earthy greens. Several students attest to finding these pieces at local thrift stores and second-hand shops.

Lastly, students at Wilsonville continue to anticipate Thanksgiving and their outfits.