Wvhs Cross Country State Championship

Wilsonville Cross Country team running in the night meet earlier in the fall. This was just the opener for a long and competitive XC season. Photo provided by the XC team.

The Cross Country State Championships for the 2023 season have recently concluded. Wilsonville’s team performed exceptionally well, with some of the best times in the 5,000-meter category.

Liam Wilde achieved a personal record time of 15:55.2, gaining 7th individually, saying “Tough course,” while Parker Fish finishing 35th place achieved a personal record time of 17:12.8.

Brady Grant, with a time of 17:03.9, finished 31st in 2023. Overall, Wilsonville placed 7th place overall as a team for both boys and girls cross country in the OSAA Cross Country State Championship.

The official results of the State Championship, which ended on November 4, are in. Wilsonville’s boys’ cross country team scored 195, securing 7th place, while the girls’ team scored 190, also securing 7th place.

Wilsonville managed to secure six top 80 finishers in the race. With these results, we can see how hard Wilsonville has been striving to work hard this year.

This year, we have witnessed many impressive records in cross country. Ella Milanovich set a personal record time of 11:35.7 in the 3,000-meter run, one of the best times for Wilsonville’s women’s cross-country team.

Jadyn Kipe followed up with a personal record time of 11:59.9. Many Wilsonville runners have been setting PR runs and achieving times many couldn’t believe they could accomplish. With the hard work that the runners have been setting for.

Last year, Wilsonville’s cross-country team received 2nd place. This year, however, they aimed to build a good foundation for the future, and their performance in the State Championship suggests that they have achieved this goal. Wilsonville has run amazingly these past couple of years.

We are happy to see the improvements for next year and the years to come. Wilsonville’s striving for quality has made them a better team in general, and many expect next year’s team to carry these impressive rates with them.