Wilsonville Rocket League 2023

A photostory of what has happened with Wilsonville Rocket League in 2023
Wilsonville Rocket League moves 4-0 into HSEL Premier after toppling West Linn with a 3-0 sweep @ Warner Pacific University. After this win, HSEL ranked Wilsonville as the third best High School Rocket League team in the country. Photo provided by Warner Pacific Esports.
Wilsonville Rocket League is actively fundraising, and you can deposit a cash or check to the bookkeeper, which will be used to fund jerseys, travel, and apparel. Be sure to follow the team’s Instagram: @WilsonvilleRL. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)

The Wilsonville Rocket League team, a club that was formed in 2022, has now found its footing and immediately rose to the top of Oregon. Competitive success came quickly due to lots of underclassmen talent and backing from staff to turn silly car soccer video games into sport-like competition.

The Wilsonville High School Rocket League team is always recruiting and made sure to put its name out there. During the club fair, the team made its presence known and introduced the school to the early stages of the Oregon Rocket League powerhouse. (Photo provided by Jack Colgrove)
The Wildcats get seated in their chairs after the team huddle and prepare to play against their sister school, the West Linn High School Lions. Warner Pacific University, located in east Portland, commonly hosts events and allows high school teams to use their facility as a venue for matches. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)
The West Linn Lions just might be the only team in the state capable of taking a game off the varsity Wildcats. In addition, West Linn was the only other team in Oregon to qualify for the HSEL Premier division, making them a powerhouse team not just in the state but all across the West Coast. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)
The talent full Rocket League team took the HSEL Pacific conference by storm with a 6-1 record in the regular season, going into playoffs as the #1 seed. Such a high-talent team can’t fit all of its players on its varsity team, however, closest seated to the camera is Tyler Widener, a freshman making waves on the junior varsity team who is in contention for the opening varsity spot from graduating senior Connor Larsen. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)
This year the OSAA will be sanctioning Rocket League esports competitions and will have its state championship just like traditional sports. The season starts this January with the regular season being played in what they call an automatcher queue format to accommodate for schools taking the extra bit of time to organize their teams. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)
As you might expect, Wilsonville is the front-runner to dominate the state. The varsity team is eager to put another state championship banner up in the Wildcat gymnasium and be crowned champions of the first Oregon Rocket League state champions. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)
Most likely, the toughest competition will be the Lions again. The Wildcat’s first match against the Lions, which was at Warner Pacific, came out with the Wildcats winning 1-0, 4-3, and 1-0 for the 3-0 sweep. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)
Wilsonville Rocket League is going to have a full and busy calendar for the rest of this year. With the OSAA Season starting in January and the HSEL Spring Season starting in March, week by week, the team will be competing for the state title, conference title, and a spot at the HSEL Rocket League High School National Championship in Kansas City, Missouri in June. (Photo provided by Warner Pacific University)