Students’ Thoughts on their 3D Art Final

Two 3D Art seniors, Riley Manson and Jack Barrett explain their thoughts on their final.
Jack Barrett
Rayan Renison models Jack Barrett’s “Reclaimed Hart” headpiece. T’was a cold night, but art thou ate.

Finals can be very stressful and difficult for a lot of students in high school. Mrs. Escobar brings a refreshing twist to finals this year in 3D Art Class.

Jack Barrett brings his insights about his final to the table, acknowledging Mrs. Escobar’s phenomenal job of explaining and teaching, noting that it was his favorite project in his entire high school career.

This year’s 3D Art final was creating a headpiece where students chose a detailed and specific theme. They had to come up with something original and majestic.

Barrett says that working on this project was challenging but fulfilling in the end. Students worked on the project for about a month, making sure to pay attention to the small details and perfect their work.

Jack Barrett’s final project was a “Reclaimed Hart” which signified the reclamation of deer antlers by nature. The headpiece includes paper mache antlers, moss collected from the woods, faux leaves and vines that hold the paper mache deer heart in between the antlers, and beads signifying the drips of blood from the heart.

He says, “It resembles a damaged heart being mended.”

Another 3D Art student, Riley Manson explains a similar view, saying how she enjoyed having a hands on experience whereas in other art classes she would just draw. Manson’s final included faux plants, beads, wire and paper mache to create a forest head piece.

This year’s final allowed students like Jack Barrett and Riley Manson to express their creativity and explore their problem solving skills as they navigated the challenges of bringing their ideas to life. Mrs. Escobar’s unique twist on this years final has proven to be exceptionally helpful for growing students creative endeavors. This undoubtedly made this year’s final a memorable and standout chapter of Wilsonville Art Students’ school life.