Winter Wears

Various+cotton+and+athletic+winter+wears.+Stay+warm%21+
Connor Larsen
Various cotton and athletic winter wears. Stay warm!

Jumping into February leads to the approaching the end of the winter season and will start moving into spring weather, where suddenly 65 feels hot. Winter means puffer jackets and beanies, and if it’s really cold, the person who always wears shorts will finally wear a pair of pants. 

People often come up with routines and strategies to account for the weather, like wearing leather shoes that are more water resistant and won’t lose color like shoes with suede. Additionally, people might wear hats and beanies more often. 

George Luo, a junior, and Ethan Jastak, a senior, who were interviewed together both stated that hoodies were just the thing “everyone wore” no matter what your sense of fashion was.  It’s a weird thought that hoodies haven’t always been a thing, hailing from the 1950s stemming from sportswear. 

Boys and girls both wear heavy knitwear, bomber jackets, and puffer jackets. Where lots of people go all in with several layers to stay as warm as they please. Throw in Christmas time in the mix and you get a week of lots of “ugly” sweaters before winter break. 

Neutral and earthy colors are prominent wardrobes, with shades like brown and forest green making a big appearance. However that isn’t always necessarily the case, lots of kids wear white shoes in the winter and enjoy the tint in color not wanting a perfect-looking shoe. 

Though not everyone is aware, sustainability has become a factor in modern clothing promoting more eco-friendly materials. Lots of winter wear is designed to stand the test of time, and most winter jackets people buy generally fit that criteria extremely well. 

Wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing and stay warm during the last month(ish) of winter. Bundle up, and for those of you who are always so ever comfortable in shorts, keep doing you.