Second semester as a senior

Senior+checks+their+new+schedule+for+the+second+semester.+For+some%2C+their+schedules+changed+completely%2C+while+others+stayed+the+same.+
Mia Poppe
Senior checks their new schedule for the second semester. For some, their schedules changed completely, while others stayed the same.

As the first semester concludes and grades are settled, it also marks the beginning of the second semester here at Wilsonville, bringing in new schedules and classes. While some students find excitement in the addition of fresh courses, others may feel differently.

Senior Sophia Levesque from Wilsonville shares her perspective on the schedule change, saying, “I took a lot of full-year classes, so they’re all the same. But I do love all of them.”

Levesque highlights the trend among Seniors who often choose electives that align with their intended field of study, explaining, “I’m trying to go to college for Biology or Nursing. I want to pursue something in the medical field. So, I’m taking AP Chemistry and Calculus, which are both beneficial in that area. These classes provide a lot of college credit, which allows me to enter college as a standing Sophomore.”

This semester, Levesque continues by explaining how she stays motivated as a Senior in her last semester of High School, detailing, “I’m motivated to be in the top 5% of the graduating class and keeping my GPA up. That drive is what’s keeping me going to get A’s.”

Another student at Wilsonville High School, Aida Simonton, reflects on the past semester, saying, “My classes last semester were easier than the ones I’m taking now, but my schedule didn’t change much either.”

Simonton, a fellow Senior, follows the premise of choosing classes aligned with their desired major, stating, “I want to go into Law, so I’m taking AP U.S Government because I figured it would be useful.”

Despite Simonton describing the challenges of maintaining motivation as a Senior in the second semester, she expresses excitement for one class in particular. “Library T.A has been my favorite class; I don’t get to do much, and I get to hang out in the Library.”

Many students in Wilsonville have expressed both excitement for new classes and how they stay motivated as the school year progresses, especially the Senior Class as their graduation date approaches.