Through the Net podcast – episode 10

The go-to podcast for the latest high school and NBA basketball news
Podcast logo art provided by authors.
Podcast logo art provided by authors.

Welcome to Through the Net podcast! Co-hosts Jonah Sandall and John D’Souza go in-depth when it comes to basketball analysis. Since the podcast’s debut in October 2022, Through the Net Media has delivered high-quality discussions in every episode. From high school to NBA basketball, Through the Net has you covered with biweekly podcast episodes talking through the latest and hottest basketball news. 

As avid Blazers fanatics, Sandall and D’Souza are enthusiastic about the 2023-24 Trail Blazers’ season. Portland is entering the post-Damian Lillard era with a young team led by budding star Anfernee Simons and rookie Scoot Henderson. 

Wilsonville Basketball is coming off a strong season last year that saw Wilsonville crowned as 5A champions. This season, the team will be looking for their third straight 5A championship title, led by senior G Kallen Gutridge and senior F Kyle Counts. 

This upcoming podcast season will see an increase in the number of guest hosts and an expansion of sports topics, extending outside of the basketball realm. Through the Net will include occasional episodes about MLB and NFL news by Jonah Sandall and rotating guest hosts!

EPISODE 10: Wildcat roar

As the high school basketball season is ramping up, D’Souza and Sandall break down the boys’ and girls’ varsity team’s performances in league play. With player interviewees Kallen Gutridge and Maisy Scanlan, the co-hosts also discuss standout players this season and the possibility of deep playoff runs for both varsity teams.

NEXT EPISODE: LeBron’s legacy

John and Jonah dive back into the NBA, discussing LeBron James’ 40 thousand career points and the future of his career. They will also discuss seasonal awards, including MVP and Rookie of the Year.

UPCOMING: Fringe All-Star Draft

John, Jonah, and guest host Jude Scott will draft starting lineups and a coach from both the Eastern and Western Conferences, but they are not allowed to draft anyone who made the 2024 NBA All-Star teams. Stay tuned to the WBN YouTube channel for this exciting episode!