Through the Net podcast – episode 11

The go-to podcast for the latest high school and NBA basketball news
Podcast logo art provided by authors.
Podcast logo art provided by authors.

Welcome to Through the Net podcast! Co-hosts Jonah Sandall and John D’Souza go in-depth when it comes to basketball analysis. Since the podcast’s debut in October 2022, Through the Net Media has delivered high-quality discussions in every episode. From high school to NBA basketball, Through the Net has you covered with biweekly podcast episodes talking through the latest and hottest basketball news. 

As avid Blazers fanatics, Sandall and D’Souza are enthusiastic about the 2023-24 Trail Blazers’ season. Portland is entering the post-Damian Lillard era with a young team led by budding star Anfernee Simons and rookie Scoot Henderson. 

Wilsonville Basketball is coming off a strong season last year that saw Wilsonville crowned as 5A champions. This season, the team will be looking for their third straight 5A championship title, led by senior G Kallen Gutridge and senior F Kyle Counts. 

This upcoming podcast season will see an increase in the number of guest hosts and an expansion of sports topics outside of the basketball realm. Through the Net will include occasional episodes about MLB and NFL news by Jonah Sandall and rotating guest hosts!

EPISODE 11: LeBron’s legacy

Guest host Shalin Taksali joins John and Jonah as they dive back into the NBA. The hosts discuss LeBron James reaching 40 thousand career points, and how it affects his legacy. They further analyze the MVP race, and D’Souza heavily scrutinizes NBA media’s overhyped Jayson Tatum’s “MVP agenda.”

NEXT EPISODE: Wilsonville playoffs

High school basketball playoffs continue, with the girls’ and boys’ teams both advancing past the first-round. Sandall and D’Souza break down the teams’ gameplay on both ends of the floor, and make predictions on their respective season outcomes lie.

UPCOMING: Fringe All-Star Draft

John and Jonah, with guest host Jude Scott, draft starting lineups and a coach from both the East and Western Conferences, but they are not allowed to draft anyone who made this year’s NBA All-Star teams.

SPECIAL EDITION: Patrick Mahomes has done it again

Jonah Sandall and guest hosts Mason Seal and Simon Bonfiglio review Superbowl LVIII, as the Kansas City Chiefs take home their second NFL title in as many years in an overtime thriller against San Francisco. They also discuss the Broncos’ release of their Quarterback Russell Wilson, and Xavier Worthy’s record-breaking 40-yard dash, releasing Sandall from having to see John Ross’s name every March.