Pop-up thrift store at Wilsonville!

These+posters+have+been+posted+around+the+school+to+promote+the+shop.+Later%2C+Mrs.+West+and+her+life+class+stayed+after+school+to+set+it+up.+
These posters have been posted around the school to promote the shop. Later, Mrs. West and her life class stayed after school to set it up.

On March 14th, Wilsonville High School will  host a pop-up thrift store as a part of a fundraiser organized by Mrs. West’s life class to support the school. Each item of clothing is going to be sold for one dollar.

Axxel Zaragoza, a student in the life class, emphasized the significance of the thrift pop-up, stating, “the thrift pop-up is a school fundraiser. The money to my knowledge is ambiguous on what we’ll be spending it on, however, it will go to helping out with different life classes or setting up school events.” 

As we near the end of the year, there are many school and Senior class events approaching, which makes school funding crucial. Although there are many ways to fundraise, Zaragoza then continues to explain the reason for choosing a pop-up thrift store, detailing, “right now clothes are very trendy and we realized if we start up a thrift store it usually has very good results. We also have very many families donating these giant trash bags full of clothes. With all these clothes, all you need is 4 quarters and you can find something that you would like.” 

Connor Nelson is a fellow Senior at Wilsonville who although is not working to put on the fundraiser, does plan to attend and possibly buy multiple items. Nelson stated, “I enjoy thrifting in general because it’s eco-friendly and it’s cheaper and I enjoy the clothes more than retail.”

Nelson continues to explain the benefits of shopping at the school’s pop-up thrift, explaining, “{the thrift store} is one dollar for everything and that’s a delicious price that I love. I’m hoping to find summer clothes as the weather gets warmer.” 

The pop-up thrift promises to be a financially beneficially and successful fundraiser, with both students and staff collaborating. With items priced at only one dollar, the fundraiser aims to continue supporting school events and create memorable send-off events for the graduating Senior class.