Legally Blonde auditions come to a close

For two and a half hours after school, various students gathered in the auditorium on day two of auditions. The students were exposed to a new dance routine in increments; where each increment and the student’s visceral learning would all be measured for the auditions of Legally Blonde.

After learning the basics, the routine was complimented by a particular song adapted from Legally Blonde and the students were challenged to dance to the rhythm that would choreography to be seen in the production. After the initial step of learning the routine was complete, all fifty-seven students were broken up into one of ten six person groups groups. In these smaller groups, the students would be asked to repeat the same routine; however, this time they observed closely by our Mr. Katz and the dance instructor for exceptionally good performers.

September 5th was the second of a three days audition process for Legally Blonde. The first day is set aside for Vocal Auditions, the second day (pictured) focusing on dancing ability, and the third is for Callbacks. Dance auditions are meant to see what level of dance students who want to be a part of the production are at.

Kate Jahnson will be the choreographer for Legally Blonde, and this will be her first time getting to work with Wilsonville’s Theatre Department.

As seen in this image, Kate Jahnson is shown leading the students in a particular section of the dance routine. All the students are enthusiastically following the choreographer as a particular song from the production plays in the background.

Wilsonville High School’s first 2018-2019 production, Legally Blonde, centers around protagonist Elle Woods, who wants to follow her ex boyfriend to Harvard Law because she is determined to win him back. She eventually learns that law school is a lot harder than she thought, and later figures out there is more to her than just her looks.

Legally Blonde will open on November 1 and run for the first two weekend in November.  For ticketing information, please visit http://wildcatdrama.com