Hoco prep!

Hoco prep!

The beginning of the school year bring a lot of excitement itself, however one of the most is exciting is Homecoming!

Homecoming is next week, Thus, everybody is starting to prepare for all of the activities that will begin within the following week. Starting with spirit week, watching the parade and football game, and attending the dance. There’s a lot to be excited about!

Ms.Rott, one of the two leadership teachers, talked about all the events that leadership holds to get the student body excited for homecoming. Leadership plans spirit week to get all students from each grade level to participate and show school spirit.

Starting next week, Monday will be messy Monday, then there’s twin Tuesday, followed by wild west Wednesday, second to last is jersey Thursday, and finally we end off with Wildcat Friday. Leadership works with the student body, past experiences with the days, and pitch it. Leadership does this to build school community instead of students being separated by their classes.

Leadership tries to support all school wide events and activities that the school offers, which is why we have class councils. Each class council, during homecoming week, is in charge of building their ‘class float’ for the parade and it is always based on  a theme selected the previous year.

This year, the theme is children’s books. Seniors are doing the Cat in the Hat. You should expect to see Willie the wildcat hanging out with them. The Juniors float this year is based on Alice in Wonderland.   Sophomores are doing Where is Waldo?  The freshmen float is inspired by The Three Little Pigs. You can catch the floats at the high school around 5:oopm before the game, where homecoming king and queen are announced.

Saturday is homecoming day. The homecoming dance is a sophomore lead event. It is a semi-formal event, where you can kick things up a notch and look put together instead of dressing casual when you’re at school. It’s an opportunity to be with friends and make some new memories. The dance starts at 7:00pm in the aux gym.