Monica Mitchell inspiration to fellow artists

AP sculpture is doing magnificent pieces that are inspired by Monica Mitchell. Monica Mitchell is an artist that explores with the contrast of colors as well as shapes and forms that travel through her boundaries in her sculptures she creates. This artist goes to an extent no-other would think of extending to by taking these astonishing risks in their art; However, she goes after the risk and reaches the full potential of the artwork she has imagined.

From the possibilities she obtains as an artist she stands out to many people as she has stood out to our well known sculpture teacher, Ms. Escobar. She’s having her students make sculptures that follow along in the footsteps of Monica’s footsteps. Ms. Escobar is inspired by Monica’s pieces on “how the materials activate with the space around them, by the interesting cast shadows created as well as the easy materials to get for students, and the different problem solving skills that come along with it.” Nevertheless Ms. Escobar isn’t the only one who Monica Mitchell blew away with her art work, many of the AP Sculpture students are passionate about Monica’s art as well. The class was given the materials needed to make the pieces wonderful pieces by the artist and were told to make whatever they wanted. They were given gutter guards, zip ties, and newspaper; Although they were given specific materials they didn’t have to incorporate all those objects in there pieces, and they were also able to obtain other objects to use on their art.

Many of the students followed in Monica’s path as well, Nicola Krause  “Started experimenting with gutter guard and seeing how it interacted with itself, starting adding pieces for contrast, and playing with forms,”  to achieve the intellectual pieces they desired they had to be dazzling in their choices that they made to reach their goals in art. As Monica is courageous in her art and makes claims no other would think of, another student from the AP sculpture class, Alexis Homsombath, says this is better words by “Her drastic change in color has us view things from a different perspective”. She is exactly right if we didn’t have amazing artist such as Monica Mitchell or the gifted artist at Wilsonville High School, we would only be stuck in seeing life in our perspective and not be able to see things in others views from art capacity to inspire us.