Unified soccer team kicks off their soccer season

Wilsonville High School’s Unified Soccer Team kicked off their first game of the season on September 20th. The Wildcats traveled to Forest Grove High School and captured their first win of the season.

The team continued their success last Wednesday, with their first home game against the Grant Generals. The Wildcats dominated, winning the game 9-3. In this game, Jose Flores and Michael Hasler both had some amazing goals. The team is now 2-0 on the season, with several games quickly approaching.  

A first year mentor of the Unified Soccer Team Grace Killelea, shared her thoughts as being apart of this inspiring club. Her favorite part of being apart of Unified is, “Encouraging all the players and seeing how happy they get for themselves and their teammates when they do well or learn something new.”

If you would like to get involved in Unified Sports, you can contact Ms. Kinder at [email protected]. Practices are held Monday through Thursday right after school. Unified Basketball will start up in the winter, and then soccer again next spring. Don’t hesitate to be a part of this amazing organization.

On Friday November 2nd, Unified will be hosting the Harvest Festival Dance in the high school gym. This is a sensory friendly dance for our students, and they would love for you to join. The dance will run from 7-10pm in the main gym. Make sure to spread the word to your friends!

The Wildcats and Generals gather for a group photo before the game.
Jose Flores kicks the ball down the field.