Diving into swim season

This past Monday marked the commencement of swim season at Wilsonville High School. Now that practices have started, participants are gearing up and getting ready for their first meet on December 11th.

GM Artman

Winter seems just around the corner, and although the winds are getting stronger and the temperature is dropping, students are diving into the pool. Why? Because it’s swim season at Wilsonville High School!

Brayden Poling, a junior here at Wilsonville, participates in swim and excited for its commencement this week. The first practice started on Monday, and Poling was there waiting to dive right in. “I enjoy swim season because I love hanging out with my friends at meets,” Poling explains, “and I also like seeing myself improve from meet to meet.” While practices may be hard to endure sometimes, Poling still enjoys the sport and being able to participate in it with his friends by his side.

The swim team consists of around 70 people this year, which is phenomenal since most schools have closer to 20. Swim team is a great way to get your fill of swimming during the long and chilly hours of the winter, hang out with friends, and participate in a sport in what some consider an “off-season.” So grab a towel, some goggles, a swimsuit, and join swim team!