SAT prep course registration is open!

Wilsonville High School’s annual spring SAT Prep course opened up registration this week. The course begins on March 3rd and runs until April 28th, which works out conveniently for students who plan to take the May 4th SAT, which is offered here at Wilsonville.

The prep course is split into two sections: English and Math. The English portion is taught by Ms. Hanlon, who teaches English 9 & 10, as well as AP English Literature & Composition. The Math portion is taught by Mr. Fowler, the AP Calculus AB & AP Calculus BC teacher.

The SAT is an extremely important test for college bound students, and most high schoolers take it for the first time their junior year. Many students feel stressed out by the SAT, or pressured to get the best score possible in order to get into their dream schools. As a result, isn’t uncommon for students to take the SAT as many as five or six times throughout their junior and senior years, with the goal to improve their score each time around. While studying on your own or retaking the test a multitude of times can result in a better score, prep courses are an efficient way to focus on the important material and maximize your SAT score.

There is an $85 fee for the class if you choose to do either the English or the Math, but if you sign up for both classes, the combined fee is $150. All fees include an SAT Prep book for students to take home.

To sign up for the course, talk to the bookkeeper. There are only 80 spots, and it’s first come first serve, so make sure to register soon!