Instant Theater

Instant+Theater

Last Saturday, twenty-five WVHS Drama Club members went to the Instant Theater festival, the annual kickoff event for Oregon Thespians, which is an organization that hosts several high school theater events and competitions throughout the year.

The festival took place at Wilson High School in Portland this year, and featured an improv and tech competition where students got to interact and work with students from other schools. Each group created an improvised scene or tech project based on a given prompt. It was interesting and fun seeing other people’s creativity and determination to create their own spin on the prompt.

After lunch, groups competed in a second round, only this time they were given a prop, and had to incorporate it into their scene.

Everyone then gathered in the auditorium, where people competed in the final acting round. After some trivia games and karaoke, the awards were announced.

From the acting groups, five Wilsonville students and their groups were in the final round, and one Wilsonville students performed in each of the three place winners! Hannah Jacob’s won first place, Cormac Lister won second, Casey Young won third and Donald Nuffer and Marissa Stucki finalized.

We went home feeling happy that we had another great experience at Instant Theater this year!