Upcoming PSAT and SAT

The PSAT and SAT will be held at Wilsonville High School Wednesday, October 16th at 8am.

Meghann Yochim

Pictured above are some SAT textbooks available at the Wilsonville High School library for studying. PSAT test prep books are also available.

This upcoming Wednesday, the 16th, Wilsonville High School will be hosting the SAT for juniors and seniors and the PSAT for freshmen and sophomores. With this comes many stressed students and parents, worrying about the dreaded testing date and what those test scores mean.

Senior Kayla Leon-Guerrero commented on the stressful season: “I’m worried about the test because a lot of subjects on the test were things I learned 5+ years ago,” Guerrero expresses. Many students are in the same boat, and to assuage this worry, many enroll in the SAT prep class, which seems to be very helpful for a lot of students.

Similarly to Guerrero, junior Bella Glastra van Loon is going to be taking the PSAT this weekend, and has mentioned that she will be taking the SAT later this year. She did a remarkable job at describing her fears surrounding the test. “It’s a very narrow-minded test,” Glastra van Loon describes, “and it tests a very small set of skills…I’m worried that colleges who see my score won’t see me all of the other aspects of me as a student, just a number.”

Although Glastra van Loon has a very valid worry, many colleges have been expressing their interest in students as a whole and understanding that everyone is human.

In the end, if you are taking the PSAT and SAT this upcoming Wednesday at Wilsonville High School: make sure you get a good night’s sleep, eat some good breakfast, and walk into the test room confident. The SAT (and even PSAT) can be taken more than once, so don’t worry too much. Besides, there are so many places to go and so much more to you than a test score. Don’t let it tell you that the sky’s the limit—you can achieve far greater.