College Application deadlines!

www.bing.com

www.bing.com

What’s a College application? College application is the process by which individuals apply to gain entry into a college or university. Although specific details vary by country and institution, applications generally require basic background information of the applicant, such as family background, and academic or qualifying exam details such as grade… Usually applying are seniors in high school, college transfers, or adults. Before applying to a school of your desire you need to check to see if you qualify. This means you need to see if your GPA and SAT score matches their requirements.  When applying their are two different deadlines, early action and regular action.

Early action is a type of early admission process offered by some institutions for admission to colleges and universities in the United States. Generally speaking, students have a better percentage, even if it may be 1-2%, of being accepted if they apply early decision. Early action often does not offer a higher acceptance rate but provides the benefit of learning early what the admission decision from the college is. The most common deadlines for early action are November 1 and November 15. These deadlines are not flexible; you must get all your materials, including recommendation letters and test scores, to the school by the stated deadline. Since you apply early, you’ll also be notified of your admissions decision early.

The majority of students apply to college in January or February of their senior year to meet regular decision deadlines. They hear back in April and choose a college by the national response date of May 1. Many students don’t like to feel rushed when filling out information about themselves. Plus, they might already know what exact school they want to go to and they know they will get in.

There’s really no wrong way with picking either early action or regular action. Just remember to stay on track because you don’t want to fall behind!!!