Taking the Roaring Twenties by storm

Fiona

Pictured above is Baby Yoda. Baby Yoda will return in 2020. Baby Yoda will look over all ov WVHS’s students’ resolutions.

New year, new us. The year 2020 brings on new expectations and new experiences, but for some the New Year is less about looking forward than looking back. Two sophomores here at Wilsonville High School reflect on their year, and make some so-called “New Year’s Resolutions” as they head to the twenty-first century Roaring Twenties

Kellen Hartford’s resolution is pretty mainstream. He vows to “work harder in all my classes and in sports.” As a three sport varsity athlete, Hartford needs to stay on top of his grades, lest he be deemed ineligible to play. 

Peyton Timm, fellow student of Hartford, has a more out of the box resolution. “My New Year’s Resolution is to get over my fear of styrofoam.[/pullquote]” Timm claims her deathly fear originated all the way back when her mother made birthday gifts for her friends. The gifts were made of styrofoam balls, with lollipops stuck into them. Her fear has gotten so bad that she can no longer go to Panda Express because of their styrofoam packaging. “It just gives me a bad vibe.” Timm confesses.

My New Year’s Resolution is to get over my fear of styrofoam.

— Peyton Timm

From resolutions as far-fetched as Timm’s to as mainstreamed as Harford’s, New Year’s Resolutions help students and adults alike to attempt change, and better themselves.