Pre-Winter Formal

Pre-Winter+Formal

Winter Formal is an annual event at Wilsonville High School. It will be held in the side gym this Saturday from 7-10 pm.  A DJ sets up under the basketball hoop and provides music and lights for entertainment and decoration. This year will be the first time tickets will be sold in advance for a reduced price. Students who buy their tickets from the bookkeeper prior to the event will only spend $5, while tickets sold at the door will be $7. Traditionally, girls wear short dresses to winter formal rather than full length gowns. Boys typically wear button-down shirts and slacks. Some wear ties or bow-ties. There is no “wrong” way to celebrate winter formal. Date or no date — all are welcome. 

Kiley Kaiser, a senior at WVHS, is hosting a party before winter formal at her neighbor’s farm. Frog Pond Farm is on Advance Road right next to Kohl Creek Golf Course. She said she would be hosting a total of fifty students plus at least another 50 adults in the barn. This party is by invitation only. “I’m so excited but also very overwhelmed. I’m glad that I’m able to bring a lot of my friends together to celebrate our last school dance.” She has already started to set up for the event! She is so thankful that her mom is allowing her to host. All attendees will be pitching in to help pay for the catering which will be done by Noodles and Company in Wilsonville. 

Emma Matthies, a sophomore at WVHS, is going over to her friend, Sydney’s house to get ready. They’re going with a small group and she is excited to spend a fun night with her best friends. After taking photos, they plan to eat out at a fancy restaurant. “I’m so excited for winter formal. Since I am a sophomore, this will be my second formal. Last year wasn’t so fun, so I’m hoping this year will be much better.” 

After an entire month of wet, grey weather and a week of stressful finals, Winter Formal provides an opportunity for Wilsonville students to get together, let off steam, and have fun. Let’s make Winter Formal 2020 the best one yet!