Behind the hype

The importance of Band during high school events

With homecoming coming up, there’s one group of students that practice hours every week, preparing and working hard to allow us the wonderful tunes we hear during football games. That wonderful group of students is our high school band.

“The student section, cheerleaders, and band combine to make an atmosphere on Friday nights that is something special,” says Chad Davies, the band director for the high school. All of these put together really set the tone and allow watchers to have the full experience of a high school football game.

The amazing work by our band really sets the mood at football games, and makes the overall experience that much more enjoyable. Some may say that it even helps our football players perform better as well! Mason Seal, a sophomore on the Varsity football team, tells us “When we feel down and need a little boost, the band definitely helps rile up both the crowd and the team. We get more hyped, and overall have a better outcome.”

Our band here at the high school has a larger impact than most people realize. Spending hours practicing, both inside and outside of school, to provide the perfect picture on Friday nights. “Music students are dedicated and driven, striving to perform at the highest level in all they do,” Davies comments. We are grateful for the band, and all the work they put in for the football game experiences!

Music students are dedicated and driven, striving to perform at the highest level in all they do

— Chad Davies