Possibilities of an esports team at Wilsonville High School

The WVHS esports team is currently just a possibility, but could soon become a reality! Contact Mr. Burke if you would like to be a part of it.

Opportunities to get an esports program at WVHS are starting to frequently pop up, whether it be leagues and tournament organizers, interest in students, or staff who want to help get some games going with the kids at the school. They are the sparks of a possible formation of a club. 

An esports club could be rather easy to do at home as practice times after school can be managed well and anyone with a console should be able to play almost all competitive games the program would have to offer. 

The main things the program needs to be formed is an advisor and student interest in the program to be able to gain momentum and keep going for years on end without the leaders graduating before new ones can be found.

Any student of Wilsonville High School that is interested in the program could approach Mr Burke about getting involved. With some student interest, the club could form and be a place for the gamers across the school to get a chance to compete against other high schools and get themselves in front of college esports coaches.