WVHS Link Crew

Study and Snack is an event designed for students, mostly freshmen who haven’t had finals before, to learn how to prepare for them. They got to work together with upperclassmen to study and catch up on work.

Students gather to prepare for finals

January 13, 2022

As the end of this semester approaches, many freshmen are beginning to worry about upcoming final exams. Finals can be a source of stress for many, and the WVHS Link Crew wanted to do something about that. They put on an event called Study and Snack, where freshmen could come and study with older students, and a snack trolley would be brought around. There were two days for the event: Wednesday, January 12th, and Friday, January 21st.

Day one

Elia Bartlett

Students gather in Ms. Feuerstein’s classroom. They are working with Link Crew Leaders to study for their Biology finals.

On the first day, the event was only open to freshmen in order to give them time to prepare by themselves. They gathered in the library after school, unsure of where to go. The Link Crew Leaders, along with Ms Feurstein, explained the setup of the event, and sent the students to their desired classrooms.There were five rooms, each dedicated to a subject: English, Math, Biology, History, and Languages. 

Link Crew Leaders in each room offered help to the other students, as well as showed them their own study strategies for preparing for a final. Several students expressed that they enjoyed the time to sit and get some of their work completed.

Sophomores expressed that they would have liked to attend, as well as some juniors, and Ms. Feurstein disclosed that at the next Link Crew meeting where they would be preparing for the second day of studying, they would work out how to accommodate all grade levels. Stay tuned on the Link Crew Instagram page for updates on the second day of Study and Snack!

Day two

The second day of Study and Snack will take place on Friday, January 21st right after school. It is open to all grades, and will be a time for all students to come prepare for their finals, which take place the week of January 31st.