Araxi Tejeda-Martinez

Araxi Tejeda-Martinez & Melody Garcia Gonzalez

Araxi Tejeda-Martinez, student at Wilsonville High School. She will be balancing soccer and AP classes this year.

Araxi Tejeda Martinez is a Junior at Wilsonville High School. She is an AP student and plays for the school’s varsity soccer team. For a student who has a lot going on, life can be stressful. Araxi has been able to find a way to manage life on and off the field while juggling several things at once.

Araxi is a dedicated and committed student. In regards to school and class, she gave us a look into her schedule and why she has chosen the classes that she is taking. “I’m taking AP Chem right now because, last year, in Ms. Rippey’s class I was doing really well, so I said to myself, ‘If I can do normal chemistry, I bet I can do AP Chem.’ I decided to take AP Spanish because I know that I am capable of getting a credit for the AP test for college. I know it would help me a lot because I am bilingual. I am taking Outdoor ed because I really enjoy the wilderness and nature. I love being outside, so i thought that it would be a very fun class. The other classes I am taking because I need the credit.”

Apart from a grueling class schedule, Araxi has also decided to play soccer. When asked about soccer she responds, “

The reason I play soccer is because I love it. It not a why, it’s a must-have for me.

— Araxi Tejeda-Marinez

Ever since I started playing soccer, I just love it. I love going out there – it’s a form of art to me.”

With such demanding activities, finding the balance between both can be hard. When asked how she manages this balance she responds, “That’s a really hard question because I can not really balance them at all sometimes.” Some advice that she added on is, “You just have to not let stress take over you. Do your work everyday. If I’m ever behind in schoolwork, I take a break from soccer and do my work. Always have a schedule.”

High school is a stepping stone in life’s journey. It is the thing that prepares people before they head out into life as a young-adult. Araxi comments on this next chapter, “I want to do so many things. I want to be a professional soccer player, like that’s my dream-dream. I want to play soccer for a living. Other than that, I would like to be a nurse or PA. I want to help people medically. I’ve also always been interested in working in a hospital, helping people and getting to know their stories.”

After such demanding activities, people need time to themselves and unwind. When asked about how she relaxes on a day off, she says, “Oh my gosh, in my freetime – I sleep. Sleep, sleep, I love sleep. I’m always tired and I get home on Fridays – Fridays are the best day of my life – I get home and sleep.”