Filed under Opinions, Sports

2019 NFL combine

March finally made its appearance in 2019 and so did this years NFL Combine.  From the 1st to the 4th of this month a select few are invited to go and show their skills in Indianapolis.  

During this combine the athletes go through a series of workouts and drills to try to impress other teams. The workouts consist of a timed 40-yard dash, timed “L” drill, and different skill drills designed for the different positions.  One stand out of this year is Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf. Metcalf is 6’5” and 237 lb of pure athleticism. And he only has a body fat percentage of 1.6.

This guy is just unfair. He ran a 4.33 40-yard dash, third best in the combine, and had a 40.5 vertical.  The last receiver that measured where Metcalf is was drafted number two overall. He also tied for the best bench press among quarterbacks, wide receivers tight ends with 27 reps at 225 pounds. In Metcalf’s 2018 season he had 26 receptions for 569 yards. He scored five touchdowns and averaged 21.9 yards per catch.  This dude is an absolute animal. I believe he will be a key contributor to anyone’s offence, but he needs a veteran receiver to guide him in his rookie and sophomore year. 

About the Writer
Cameron Forsberg, Staff Writer

Cameron Forsberg is a senior at Wilsonville High School.  This is his first year as a staff writer and is very excited.  Cameron also plays football...