Wilsonville students celebrate Valentines Day – the season of love.

Senior Catie Stamnes holding two candygrams she recieved this Valentine’s Day. Photo credit Emily Swenson.

It is the season of love: gifts are exchanged on February 14th in honor of Saint Valentine.  Couples everywhere this week have been preparing for this beloved holiday.   For example, junior Gus Ericson said that his Valentine’s Day plans included  “hanging out with my girlfriend, Bella Kleiner.”

This year Wilsonville High School Leadership Class put together “Candy Gram” to send a crush or even just a friend. The Candy Gram proceeds will be donated to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and are expected to make a $200 profit. Last year, Leadership did Candy grams that consisted of a bouquet of fake roses that included one chocolate rose. This year, the Candy Grams are in the form of a goodie bag filled with assorted sweets. They were priced at $2 and sold in the Pointe and at the student store. They will be delivered on this Friday during 1st and 4th period. 

In another tribute to Valentine’s Day, the Wilsonville High School Making Miracles made Valentines Day cards that were delivered to the Portland Ronald McDonald House last Monday. The group made over 20 cards to be given to the families and as decorations to spread the love at the Ronald McDonald House.