The first week of the final quarter of the 2020-2021 school year

Kylie Hadden

Sophomores Hannah Wilken and Taylor Hadden going to class on the cohort “B” day. Quarter 4 started on April 26th for the Wildcats.

On April 26th, Wilsonville students began quarter 4: the last leg of the 2020-2021 school year.

Students are continuing through either the hybrid or comprehensive distance learning schedule. Seniors are preparing for the end of their high school experience, while juniors, sophomores, and freshmen are finishing up their final classes of the year.

Senior Alice Kang is currently taking the CDL route to finishing the school year. Her classes for quarter 4 are Jazz Band for her zero period, Calculus AB, and Orchestra. Sophomore Hannah Wilken is taking her three classes in-person hybrid style: Chemistry, AP Psychology, and Spanish 3.

Kang was excited to return to her classes since she had them during quarter 2. Her favorite class in quarter 4 is her Orchestra class. “I’ve done it since freshman year so I missed it over third quarter, I have a lot of friends in it, and I just really love being able to actually play music together this quarter,” she elaborates. This quarter, Kang is looking forward to graduation and finishing her AP tests.

Wilken believed that the transition to quarter 4 was smooth because of attending school in-person for quarter 3. Her favorite class is AP Psychology because of the interesting content. She is looking forward to the forensic psychology unit.

Juniors, sophomores, and freshmen finish the school year on June 22nd, while the last day of school for seniors is June 4th. During these unprecedented times, the school year has looked completely different from what students are accustomed to. Summer is around the corner, so finish the remaining classes strong!