Going into the second semester with an open mind

Junior+Jeremy+gives+a+thumbs+up+to+second+semester.+Students+work+hard+to+start+the+semester+off+strong%21+

Junior Jeremy gives a thumbs up to second semester. Students work hard to start the semester off strong!

What does Wilsonville’s attitude going into the second semester of their school year look like? How did they feel about the first semester, and what are they looking forward to for the rest of the year?

“I’m trying to stay motivated for the rest of the year, and I don’t want to procrastinate so much for the rest of the year. I want to enjoy the next few months before summer,” said senior Kate Giese, on the rest of her last year of high school. 

Limiting procrastination seems to be a common theme with students’ goals for the second semester, as many felt they struggled with it in the last few months. 

“I procrastinated my work in class some days during school and occasionally had to take homework,” said sophomore Coco Hiday. 

Students seem to have a common attitude of wanting to have a better second semester than their first, even though the first semester was a very enjoyable one. Winter Formal, Prom, Springfest, Winter sport state championships, and spring sports are all events that students have to look forward to in the coming months. 

“I am looking forward to track season because it is a great way to make friends and be outside!” Said junior Olivia Lyons. 

The coming season is anticipated by spring sport athletes, and juniors and seniors also have prom to look forward to. Finishing off the year in a better position than they started in is a common theme for Wilsonville. 

Procrastinating less, enjoying the events going on, and succeeding in finals should be the focus we have as students. Seniors have their last semester as high school students, and making the rest of the year memorable is their top priority. We as students are heading into the second semester with positivity and high expectations!