PROMposals bring excitement to the students of Wilsonville

Leslie Hadden

Anna Jardin, senior, gets asked to prom by her boyfriend Teddy Skyler, senior. The whole softball team excitedly holds up signs to help ask her.

For the upperclassmen at Wilsonville, the prom dance could not be coming any slower. As the anticipation and excitement builds, students with and without a date are thrilled to participate and watch their peers “propose” to one another in order to secure a date to the dance. With prom coming in just one week, so-called “promposals” are in abundance here in Wilsonville.

For some of the the girls of Wilsonville, promposal season is one of the most exciting times of the year. Mary Matthews, junior, was excited and shocked to be asked to prom by her date, Aric Mistovich. “I was so excited because I had no idea what it was going to be.”

Many people prefer to receive their promposal in private because it feels more heartfelt and personal. Matthews agrees with this statement for herself; however, she says “I love seeing other people’s promposals because I like how creative people can get.”

Also receiving a promposal this week was Anna Jardin, senior. Her boyfriend Teddy Skyler enlisted the help of some of Anna’s friends, a.k.a. the Wilsonville varsity softball team. Both Jardin and Skyler are looking forward to their prom together. Jardin says “I am most excited for the music and getting dressed up. I’m also excited to hangout with al my friends for our last prom. It’s going to be so much fun.”

Agreeing with Mary Matthews, Jardin expresses her excitement over seeing other people’s promposals while still preferring a certain level of privacy.  This year, she enjoyed being in the company of her teammates during her special moment. “I liked how my promposal was with my friends and teammates. It wasn’t super public, but the people who I care about were there.”

Overall, Wilsonville students are buzzing about the prospect of prom and all of the excitement that is coming with the preparation for the big night. This tear’s prom will be held at the zoo and students should be sure to get their tickets from the bookkeeper beforehand!