Wilsonville girls basketball mauls Hood River Valley 85-16

The Wildcats win their 10th game in a row as well as improving to 10-0 in league play.
GMArtman
Gabby Moultrie shoots a free through earlier in the season. Moultrie led the way for Wilsonville with 30 points in an 85-16 Wilsonville victory.

The Wilsonville Wildcats continued to dominate their league competition on Monday with a commanding 85-16 victory over the Hood River Valley Eagles. Wilsonville started off blazing hot going all the way out to a 23-0 lead a couple minutes into the second quarter.

Gabby Moultrie was the biggest factor for the quick start for the Wildcats, hitting multiple 3’s in the first quarter, she said this after the game “It was great, we had a lot of energy we have a lot of work to do before the playoffs but it was a fun game.”

Moultrie wasn’t the only one who was rolling on the offensive side of the court, though her 30 points was enough to be the games leading scorer and one of her best outbursts of the season, multiple other Wildcats stepped up and produced.

This includes Payton Ratcliffe who finished with 16 points, Audrey Counts with 14, and Ciana Hockensmith with 12. It was a full team effort for the Wildcats that helped them win by such a margin.

As put by Audrey Counts: “We came together, everyone stepped up, we had so much energy it was a really fun game.” Counts also added, “After such a slow start it has been really fun to see how everyone has improved and gotten better, all of our hard work is paying off.”

Wilsonville looked dominant in this game, and though Hood River most likely won’t make the playoffs this Wilsonville team made a statement on Monday. This team does not have much experience in big games, but they showed that when the offense is working, it will be very difficult for anyone in the state to slow them down.

With Moultrie showing off the shooting ability combined with the contributions down low from Ratcliffe, teams in the state tournament should be worried about playing this team and “picking their poison” with the Wildcat offense.

Hood River on the other hand continued a tough season and now sit with a 9-11 overall record and 3-7 league record while also firmly on the outside looking in on the 5A playoff picture. Their leading scorer was Marina Castaneda who concluded with 6 points. HRV will look to move on to Parkrose on Thursday.

Wilsonville as mentioned won their 10th straight match, improved to 16-5 overall and a perfect 10-0 in league play, they will put their perfect league record on the line on Thursday as they take on Hillsboro.